Founding and Early Journey
Success! Freedom! Fulfillment! That is my life. I am Alger Marsh. I have been married for over 57 years to my heart’s delight, Gloria. Our marriage keeps getting better! We use the tools we have learned in life, and plan to continue learning more ways to grow our relationship. One of our workshops, HeartsTogether, is specifically aimed at helping others learn to use these tools in their marriages. Of course, many of the tools can be applied to other relationships, too. It is a joy to see other people begin to use these tools. I believe that as my relationship with God improves, He helps me have a better self-image as well as become a better husband and friend.
I spent three years as a Manager for Safeway’s 440 stores in the Oregon district doing purchasing and quality control for the egg department. Following that, I had three years as a church’s Youth Pastor and Christian Education Director. Eleven years with Wycliffe Bible Translators was next, eight of those years in Papua New Guinea. Gloria and I formed House of Myrrh Ministries in 1985. We’ve learned many tools that have helped provide the victories we now experience.
Some activities I have greatly enjoyed include sky diving, hang gliding, flying in an airplane glider, scuba diving, riding horses, solving Sudoku puzzles and driving around the countryside. Gloria and I spend considerable time reading to each other, too. I plan to continue enjoying a life of adventure along with fulfilling relationships as I assist many people gain an exciting, rewarding life.
I have found that a balanced combination of sleep, nutrition and exercise bring about health and energy. I don’t use alarm clocks or other mechanisms to awaken me; instead, I allow my body to bring me awake when it is satisfied with the rest and refreshment it needs. I have searched for and found nutrients that lengthen my telomeres, increase my resistance to common diseases, and promote energy. PraiseMoves.com provides an excellent pattern of exercise to keep me agile and fit.
My greatest joys, however, have come from being able to participate in bringing people into life-changing freedom and victory in their lives. The Heart Workshops (listed at www.heartchange.org), include scores of tools such as HeartRecovery, the Five R’s (Repent, Receive, Release, Renounce and Replace) and proxy, that have been used by God to restore hope, bring freedom from fear and instill confidence resulting in victorious living for many of the participants and staff of those workshops. A special treat is when someone who has believed they have nothing to offer to help other people have become ecstatic when God uses them powerfully as they connect others to God and enable them to gain freedom and peace through the processes of the workshops.
Gloria and I enjoyed meandering around the USA during our Sabbatical last year. We will continue working with the triple ministries we founded: House of Myrrh Ministries, Friends of HOMM, and Aijalon Ministries International. Other people have learned to do what we have been doing, so we are now exploring more doors for ministry that are opening. I look forward to seeing what God will do next.
Join me in pursuing goals of being healthy, benefiting mankind and preparing for eternity while thoroughly enjoying this life.
Our doctrine is based on The Apostle’s Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to hell. The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the true Christian Church of all times and places, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
- We believe in the inerrancy of the entire Bible as the divinely inspired Word of God.
- We believe God is three in one: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is God, took on human flesh through a virgin birth, died on a cross to pay for our sins, bodily rose from the dead, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will one day judge the living and the dead, reigning as King over all.
- We believe all men are sinners and unless and until they receive by God’s Spirit the gift of God’s redemption through the atonement of Christ before their death, they are eternally damned. The redeemed have heaven to eternally enjoy with God.
- We believe the presence and power of the Holy Spirit is essential for every believer for holiness, growth, and victorious living. The Spirit also makes all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ into one body.
Our doctrine is based on The Apostle’s Creed
House of Myrrh Ministries is a Christian organization committed to serving people by offering specific activities designed to provide spiritual and emotional growth. Our passion is to help others experience Christ and His powerful transformation and freedom personally through God’s love and truth, and corporately through the interaction of His community.
How do we walk out this mission? Currently, these endeavors are being accomplished primarily through:
- Heart Workshops
- HeartChange:who I am/experiencing the Father’s heart for me.
- HeartDesign:why I am/experiencing the Bridegroom’s heart for me.
- HeartsOverflowing:how I accomplish my design/experiencing the heart of the Holy Spirit for me.
- HeartsTogether:learning to express unconditional love/growing in unity with my spouse.
- Kids HeartChange:HeartChange for ages 10 through 13.
- Home Bible and ministry groupsshowing and encouraging others how to grow in Christ corporately and personally through interaction with each other and God.
- Training and using healing prayer, with Jesus as the Mighty Counselor, for spiritual, emotional, and physical restoration.